About the event:
Usaravalli is a Kannada turncoat event in which participants must change their stance from supporting the topic to opposing it with the same flow immediately. It poses the challenge of maintaining the same flow throughout the presentation.
- The topic will be disclosed 15 minutes prior to the event's commencement.
- Each participant will be allocated four minutes to speak, with two minutes for presenting arguments in support and two minutes for presenting arguments in opposition.
- Only a limited number of participants will be selected for the second round.
- In this round, the participant will select the topic spontaneously.
- The participant will be given a two-minute period to contemplate and prepare.
- Each participant will be allotted four minutes to speak, with two minutes for presenting arguments in support and two minutes for presenting arguments in opposition.
Rules and regulations:
- No content should be controversial towards any religions, caste, gender etc.
- The organizers hold all rights to disqualify the participant in case of
misbehaviour or controversial matters.
- The decision of judges and organizing team will be final and irrevocable.
- Content of speech.
- Smoothness of transition.
- Voice Modulation and articulation.
- Physical presence – eye contact, body language etc.