Usaravalli is a Kannada turncoat event, where participants are required to change their stance from supporting a particular topic to opposing it with the same flow immediately. It poses the challenge of maintaining the same flow throughout the presentation.
- The topic will be disclosed 15 minutes prior to the event's commencement.
- Each participant will be allocated four minutes to speak, with two minutes for presenting arguments in support and two minutes for presenting arguments in opposition.
- Only a limited number of participants will be selected for the second round.
- In this round, the participant will select the topic spontaneously.
- The participant will be given a two-minute period to contemplate and prepare.
- Each participant will be allotted four minutes to speak, upon the ringing of the bell, the participant is required to alternate their stance to a different perspective on the topic.
Rules and Regulations:
- Individual participation.
- Participants must present a physical college ID card and PID to participate in the event.
- The contents should not be controversial towards any religions, caste, gender etc.
- The organisers hold all rights to disqualify the participant in case of misbehaviour or controversial matters.
- Only the usage of Kannada is permitted; no other languages are allowed.
- Participants cannot change the topic they have been assigned.
- The decisions of the judges and organisers will be final.
- Content of speech
- Smoothness of transition
- Voice Modulation and articulation
- Physical presence – eye contact, body language etc.