About the Event:
Lights, camera, drama! The stage is set, and we are calling all thespians to showcase their theatrical prowess in the ultimate drama competition - "Navarasa"! From the gripping performances of Narasimhachar and Kambara to the legendary works of Kalidasa, Bhasa, Rajasekhar, and Gubbi Veeranna, the world of drama has seen the best of the best. NMAMIT takes immense pride in hosting its own troupe of theatre artists and giving a platform to budding playwrights and theatre artists from all universities. So, bring your A-game, and join us to celebrate the magic of theatre with like-minded enthusiasts!
- 150₹ per head - Only Navarasa Participants. Excludes pronites & other events
- 300₹ per head - Navarasa Participants. Inlcudes all other core events & pronites
Theme: Dilemma (Dwandwa) Or Disgust (Bheebhatsa)
Preliminary Round: Online Screening Round
Note: Submission Deadline - Before 20th April 2023, 5 PM
- This event is open for all Undergraduate students.
- The video should be a 3–5-minute sample of the performance, and it can be from any portion of the performance.
- Record your performance and upload it on your Google Drive. Link of which is to be shared with us over email under the subject "Navarasa Online Screening Submission" to email@example.com
- The submission of edited videos is not allowed. The video should be shot in one continuous take.
- Kindly note that we only accept recent recordings and do not permit the submission of old recordings.
- A maximum of 9 teams will be selected from the Online Screening round and will proceed to the final round.
Note: All the rules of the Final Round are also applied to the Online Screening Round.
- Each team will be allotted a total time of 15 minutes. 10+2 minutes for the stage performance and 3 minutes will be given for stage set up and clearance.
- Each team may be comprised of 9+6 members. A maximum of 9 actors can be present on stage and a maximum of 6 members can be part of the stage support team (i.e., musicians, stage setup team, etc.).
- A performance could be done in any of these languages - Kannada, Hindi, Tulu, and English.
- No pre-recorded audio is permitted on stage.
- Properties may be brought and used.
- Two mics each will be provided for stage performers and the background team.
Rules and Regulations:
- Targeting a specific Religion, Political Party, Personality, and use of foul language will lead to direct disqualification.
- Originality in scripting should be given utmost priority. The implication of the theme is based on your creative perception.
- No apt use of theme or omission of the theme from the performance will result in a deduction in score or direct disqualification.
- The judge’s decision will be considered supreme and final.
- Topic and creativity
- Usage of properties
- Stage presence
Event Type :
Team Size :
9 - 15 members per team
Maximum Participants :