About The Event
Put on your trench-coats and stalker hats. Here's an exciting event where you think logically, analytically and critically to solve a murder mystery... Let’s get Sher-locked!
Round 1: The East Wind is approaching.
- When the east wind comes along and takes you with it, only the clever shall survive.
- Includes a set of mystery cases, puzzles, simple questions on aptitude and questions which require a fundamental knowledge of electronics, to be answered.
- Top 20 teams shall be shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2: Seek and thou shall find.
- The participants will have to perform a set of tasks which will provide clues and take them one step closer to solving the murder mystery.
- Top 5 teams will advance to the final round.
Round 3: The Final Problem
- The final quest is on, testing your technical knowledge, analytical reasoning and deduction skills to unravel the case.
- The world is full of obvious things which nobody ever observes. Participants will have to continue fetching clues from the data provided and the accused must be produced.
- Crack the case and provide justice because that’s what a detective does.
Rules And Regulations
- Only students pursuing an engineering degree are allowed to participate.
- The teams must adhere to the spirit of healthy competition.
- Use of calculators, mobile phones or any other unfair means will result in disqualification.
- External contestants should register prior. Spot registrations are not allowed.
- Internal contestants are also advised to register prior to the event although spot registrations are accepted.
- Team limit: 2
- Round 1: Top 20 teams with the highest scores will advance to the next round.
- Round 2: First 5 teams to complete all the tasks will advance to the next round.
- Round 3: Speed of solving, summarizing the case and providing observations in a compact and complete manner are all taken into consideration in the final round.